Friday 19 April 2013

I AM SAILING...

My brother sent me a video on FB today of a ferry that was in stormy seas, crossing over to The Shetlands.  The song that accompanied it was "I am sailing" by Rod Steward.  Since then I cannot get the song out of my head.  Two days after weigh in it feels good to be in control and on track. Yep I am sailing too.  I don't worry about the weekends anymore.  Saturdays used to be something special (meal out, takeaway) but not any longer.  I do try and plan something special that is on plan.  I am planning a chicken and sweet potato curry with my rice that will have finely diced veggies in.  It is great to see a new lady do her first blog yesterday.  It so much helps and I get the feeling she is going to do just fine!

Breakfast was just melon, defrosted frozen raspberries and 0% Activia cherry yoghurt.  Decided against having muesli as I wanted to have a ham salad sandwich with a side of beetroot and gherkins, for my lunch. ( Hope I am not preggie, thats what I used to crave when I was pregnant.  Not at 58 though eh!! )

Later than usual dog walk and it was raining that damn awful drizzle that soaks you.  I had just blow- dried my hair, I was wearing the wrong coat  (no hood) so Sean said, "Have mine and I will put my hood up" So I did the walk complete with a beanie hat and an arsenal badge on the front. - hence no photo of us today.

Lunch.  I opened the fridge to get the ham sandwich cobbled together, and spotted the remnants of yesterdays Chicken Cacciatiori.  So the ham sandwich will be carried forward until Saturday.  No photo as I forgot, but it was the same as yesterday, minus cabbage and potatoes.  There was more superfree in there than chicken anyway.

Nice to note my son James' fiance Marie, is reading my blogs, she sent me an email asking for the recipe today.  So chuffed because she is on the SW bus, solo, like me. At least James eats anything, unlike his brother who is not at all impressed with anything I cook.  The only SW food Lee will eat is the SW quiches, mini ones.  But then again, even pre-slimming world, he was fussy. Typical rubbish eater, won't list them as it may bring back painful memories.

Dinner. Meat casserole, with lots of superfree veggies, had small yorklie (Yorkshire pudding) - my grandson calls them yorklies. lol. ( Dylan is here with us this weekend, we always do a casserole for him.  )



I have shortage of photos today,  I thought you would like to see Molly in our conservatory the other day.  They really do have it easy our dogs!



No dessert photo as I haven't decided yet, it will probably be fruit and yoghurt, with an Alpen light bar. 

Great feeling to be on track totally by Friday evening, full after dinner, fruity water on tap (waking me up every night, tripping to the loo ) Nice day tomorrow, lots of body magic in the garden.

HexA - Parmesan cheese on chicken cacciatiore and milk in coffees.
HexB - 1 Alpen light

Syns
1 small Yorkshire pudding = 3
Gravy (guess) = 4

Total = 7


Its a quickie this evening, so wishing you all a great weekend, keep on track, because before you know it, WI will be just around the corner.  As Winnie Lula Belle says,(think it was her) "the minute you step off the scales at weigh in, its  the start of the next week."  Good sound sensible advice!

Love Carol xx





No comments:

Post a Comment