Wednesday 1 May 2013

Tuesdays blog with Wednesdays WI result!

I left the blog until this morning so I could share my WI news. I lost 1lb.  Not going to bother  mentioning certain bodily functions as it gets boring after a while.
I take the pound. If you wonder why I am not ecstatic, its because I have been 100% on plan, not one naughty thing has crossed my lips.  What if I had a sneaky takeaway? a syn or two over the odds, would that equal a gain?  I am not being ungrateful here, I guess many would grab this with enthusiasm.
Dylan is being hand delivered to us on Friday morning, so no more trying to juggle! Phew.  Looking at Lee, I cannot see him driving this week or next.  Our kitchen door swung open, cracked him across his nose and down he went.  Just what you do not want to do with severe back pain. Anyway with Dylan taken care of this means we can now take our caravan Friday afternoon, set it up and leave James, Marie and their two beautiful yellow Labradors to enjoy a well earned break in Little Holland (close to Spalding). 
We did our dog walk today with the Airedales.  It was lovely to walk without the strong winds battering us.  I was sick to death of the howling noise as we headed into the wind. Of course all talk was of tomorrows weigh in.  I am never confident at this time of the week. I feel heavier and I do not know why this happens every damn week.  I did measurements this morning, in spite of me promising myself I wouldn't do it for at least 4 weeks as it doesn't show that quickly on me. Wish I hadn't as they were the same as 18 April. Damn! 

Breakfast - pineapple, melon, raspberries, 0% greek yoghurt.

Lunch - same as yesterday only missed out the ham and used Lidl country veg pasta and sauce.  What's the betting this has syns.!!  I know we shouldn't check calories on food intake, but the packet i had was 160 cals per half packet, whereas the cheese and broccoli was over 230 per half packet.  I really struggle to get the gist of how food optimising works, even with 1/3rd superfree. I ate the whole packet with loads of veggies.  I guess in the scheme of things 320 cals per meal is not bad going for a substantial lunch.

Dinner - Stir fry. Every veggie imaginable, wtih Quorn chicken.

Dessert - fresh fruit, yoghurt and Alpen light bar.

I don't know why but I went to download pics and they aren't on my camera, so no photos today.
Pretty much the same as yesterday.
So here's one of Paddy for a change.  Taken just before the dog walk a few weeks ago.

Not happy with our Doctors this morning.  Lee just taken a phone call from our surgery.  She said, can you come in to the surgery. Lee said "No, I can't - I am sorry but I couldn't get into the car"  She said "Well, you have to come here!" Lee replied, "The last time I was able to leave the house was Saturday with the aid of gas and air" She said  "well, its up to the doctor, they'll phone after 4pm"
Truth is, Lee is really worrying me, I am wondering if it is something more than a muscle tear.  Depending on the outcome of the next phone call, I think I will write to someone.  I know they are trying to protect the surgery from time wasters. But surely they should check records to see if the person making such a request has done so before?  Apart from asthma checks, with the nurse, Lee hasn't been near the place. And, we have lived here 11 years.

Hex A - Milk in coffee 250ml semi skimmed
Hex B - Alpen light

Syns
Evap milk - 1.5

I have decided on reflection to not have anymore Pasta n sauce packets.  Instead I will cook my own pasta. I had two this week, Monday and Tuesday.  As I said before, the calorie content is bloody high in my opinion.  I looked at my SW book and noted Pasta and sauce is 1.5 syn per 100g cooked. Dried pasta is free.  If there is a syn value, why is it considered free food?  Sure to be an answer. Similar to mug shots et al.  During the past 3-4 years I attended two different SW classes, 18mth for one and 12 mth the other, I don't recall this ever being mentioned. I always stayed to classes too.

Good luck to everyone, as they say, next weeks weight loss has already started!

Love Carol xx










2 comments:

  1. I think the syns for Pasta n Sauces are generic, general ones, but it's always best to check the individual makes as they all vary.

    I only really use them as an emergency meal, much nicer to have proper pasta (with lots of LowLow) ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep totally agree. I am knocking them well and truly into touch. I am not taking any chances, same goes for Mug Shots!
    I see that in emergency they come in useful though, but for me, I am home all the time so no excuses.
    I am staggered at how much I am learning as I go along.
    Your pasta dishes always look lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete