Tuesday 30 April 2013

Monday , manic Monday.

 When I started my journey, my weigh in was Monday morning.  One Monday I had an unexpected gain.  I changed scales and WI day. Weight went up by 3.5lbs due to new scales and weigh in became Wednesday.  I really wish I had left it for Monday morning.  Since then, I was diagnosed with under active thyroid, so weight losses were always going to be tougher I am told.  (It is being controlled now) This is the crazy nutty thought, which makes me think I am losing the plot. "Mondays come around quicker than Wednesdays." 
Late in publishing this blog as it is now Tuesday, but as I photograph everything I am happy to report that I was on plan.
We have a caravan and we have not been in it for 8 months.  Its a shame as weather, time etc has made it impossible to go away, even for a few days.  So I asked Sean if he minded if we let my older son James and his fiance use it occasionally.  Idea is we tow it and set it up, they stay in it, then we go and tow it back.  Proviso was it was within 40-50 minutes towing time.  They were so delighted and happy it became apparent that they would like to go this weekend. Can't blame them with the extra day - Monday.  Oh,,this weekend is bank holiday, that may prove to be awkward?!*!  I could see their hearts were set on it and I was absolutely determined that I would find them a nice place somewhere!  I tried all my usual sites, Lincolnshire to Derbyshire, no luck. All full.. (You have been warned this Friday will see caravans all over the UK)
I was having now to spread the net.  I found one in Holbeach.  I have passed it a few times on the way to Norfolk and couldn't remember if it was 'our side' or 'Norfolk side', I paid the deposit and booked it anyway.  Then checked - not far from Kings Lynn which is "Norfolk side" in my head.  Drive time 1 hour 30min, that's drive time not towing time,  so possible up to 2 hours on a bank holiday Friday.  Plot thickens, Sean has results of biopsy Friday morning, Dylan my grandson needs collecting from school 3pm Friday (his mum and step dad are at a funeral and asked me ages ago if I could collect or Lee?( well Lee at the moment cannot walk let alone drive) Dylan lives North Nottingham, opposite side to where we need to be.  Now, I am pretty good at juggling. So how can I work this one?  God knows!  Me thinks " Lee, you have no choice but to get better PDQ, before your mother has a nervous breakdown." 
The big big plus side is, I have made James and Marie so flipping ecstatically happy - if a couple deserve a break its them. 
We have decided that if things work out ok we may stay on at that site for a few days, Monday - Thursday.  Could work out ok in the end.  Just got to get it there first.
Back to Monday food intake..

Breakfast - Fruit, yoghurt...(0% greek yoghurt), Molly licking her lips!!










Lunch - If I am stuck what to have (I never pre plan lunches, don't know why, never have), I usually think of Karen M or Karen P, cheesy pasta.  So that's what I did, a packet of Pasta n Sauce Cheese and Broccoli made with water I also added, frozen broccoli and 2 frozen spinach to this pan, then in a large frying pan, fried off half a large courgette, mushroom and half a red onion. Mixed it all together and stirred low low through, less than half a tub. Just noticed and remember I put two slices of lean ham in too.


Dinner - Quorn burger, 1xLM Vegetarian sausage, 1 egg, 2 bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes,

Dessert - fruit, yoghurt and a 0% cherry Activia yoghurt. (one crushed mini meringue on top)
1 tbps light evap milk


HexA - Low Low 60g
HexB - 1 slice wholemeal bread (400g)

Syns
LM Veg sausage = 2    (won't buy these again!- prefer syn free!)
1 mini meringe = 1
Galaxy 40 cals hot choc = 2
8  mikados = 4

total syns 9


Weigh in tomorrow, always always apprehensive and always feel heavy when I step on those damn scales.!

Love Carol

xx







No comments:

Post a Comment