Monday 15 April 2013

Back to blogging

I have been absent from writing my blog and I notice my last one was 1st April.  For those of you who do a daily blog, will know that it becomes a habit, but I felt mine was very repetitive, same breakfast, same routine.  So I thought I would have a break, see how weight loss would go.  Well I lost 2lb. Clearly not doing a blog had not impacted on weight losses. However, if just one little thing I do could help just one other person, its worthwhile. I know I will be forever grateful to the lovely ladies who blog regularly.
Although I can't wait to get to target, I questioned what would change. I would still be eating the same way, may be able to relax it now and again, and I suddenly remembered its not all about eating is it?  It's health:  knee may not hurt so much, back ache is starting to improve.  It's clothes; get rid of my elasticated waisted trousers/skirts.  Its about feeling better about yourself.  Insidiously I am noticing the non scale victories, other bloggers talk about. All of a sudden I am not just down to two pair of trousers that I can squeeze into. Due to weight loss, that number has grown to at least eight pairs that now fit.  I am almost half way to where I would like to be.  So "Things can only get better"

Really must stop taking my Kindle to bed, I am on FB last thing at night and in the morning I am checking emails, weather, news.etc..so I could be up and about a good hour earlier.

Breakfast was my normal, grapes, melon and defrosted frozen raspberries, with a dollop of 0% Greek yoghurt.
I have this every day and depending on where I buy the fruit, some of it is so tart, this lot is.  Molly still likes to be ever present as you can see.
Me and Sean did our normal body magic - dog walking, to the riverside.  We did a detour this morning as it was really windy and blowing straight in our faces.  Our trek back along the riverbank was lovely, the wind behind us, Paddy dipping in the River Trent.  I suddenly noticed I couldn't see Molly.  She was way behind and looked so sheepish.  (Dogs can look sheepishly at you!)  As she approached I thought "Why has she got greenish colour on top of her head, running from her eyebrows to her ears and neck.?"  The cattle aren't out on the river bank yet, but they must have left behind one helluva cow pat!  She must have done a headstand to get it where she did.  Why oh why do they do that?    Naughty stinky Molly!  It took  two buckets of water to wash  and rinse it off. Here they are up to no good sticking heads down fox holes.


Lunch  I asked Sean what did he fancy. He said "Anything, as long it has not got, tinned tomatoes, courgette, peppers, onions and mushrooms in it!"  (Told you I am repetitive.)  So I rustled up mushrooms and baked beans with two poached eggs.  That hit the spot.  I would normally have 2 slices of wholemeal bread (400g loaf), but I am trying to save my Hex B for later. I wish for photographic purposes I had placed the eggs on top of the beans and cut one in half to show the yolk. mmmm next time I will.


Break I am finding that if I feel peckish, an Activia 0% yoghurt satisfies me.  So I had a strawberry one. 

Dinner.  I bought a small gammon joint £4, from Sainsburys, boiled it and was surprised at how many slices it had.. Boiled potatoes, cauliflower, white cabbage and a cheese sauce.  Cheese sauce was made with 1 Tbsp plain flour, 1 Tbps butter, 1/2pt milk, all added in together and whisk until thickened, then added grated cheese.  I am allowing for 30g cheddar as HexA , I thought 4 syns should cover remaining milk/butter as I only had a small portion.


Dessert Almost same as my breakfast, but I had half a banana as the melon had gone.  I will be prepping a new bowl of fruit in the morning. There is an Alpen light underneath the fruit HexB.  I did use 1.5 syns for 2 tbps of Half fat evap milk.  (I left a third as I was really too full) 

As I am full and it is 7.30 I know I wont get the munchies later.  I was going to allocate a few syns for Mikados and hot chocolate, but I won't.  Wednesday WI is not to far away.......

HexA - cheese 30g
HexB - 1 Alpen light

Syns

Cheese sauce = 4
2 tbsp Half fat evap milk = 1.5


Total for day 5.5 syns.


My blog done and dusted, although I was doing OK not writing one, I actually missed the routine of doing one.  I noticed the food diary was not as detailed, no photos were being done.  You know you can't afford to take your foot off the pedal for a single moment.
Hope everyone else is doing OK...including my new SW friend Sadie xx

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're back, I've missed your blog (and the pics of Molly) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly is so cute x welcome back hunni

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome back carol. we miss your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much. I did really miss it and something Karen m said in her blog -
    How taking pics made her take more notice of food intake. I think we have a lovely group xx

    ReplyDelete