Monday 22 April 2013

WEEKEND OFF ?

I thought if I wrote the title of this post - "Weekend Off" - it could be read two ways, hence the question mark.  It is not a weekend off plan, it's a weekend off blogging.  Rather than not mention my weekend at all, I have decided to do a small summary:-

Saturday. Lots of work in the garden as I am sure lots of us did that. Amazing how much tidying up needed doing.  Morrisons were selling lovely Alpine plants at 69p each, so a tenner's worth went a long way to spruce up two planters I have at my back door.  My neighbour phoned and asked if we had a spare box. "How big?" I asked. "Big enough to hold a pigeon, I just rescued one from the cat"(she has 3 cats)  I had to despatch Sean with the box as I easily get upset at these type of things .For those wondering, it died.  I know dogs have the instinct to kill - luckily my two Airedales (King of the terrier group) don't appear to have it. Mum has three westies, and one of them has the instinct. She will have a go at anything...and out of  all the westies we have had between us (lots) , she is the most sweetest westie and will go to great lengths to avoid confrontation.

Breakfast : Normal fruit melon and defrosted raspberries and activia 0% cherry yoghurt
Lunch :Lean smoked ham from Lidl, lightly fried in frylight, with two fried eggs, mushrooms and canned tomatoes.  Also two slices of wholemeal toast (400g loaf) Did take a pic of this, thank goodness otherwise I would have forgotten.
Dinner : Chicken and sweet potato curry with onions, homemade with rice that had celery, peas, sweetcorn, mushrooms, spring onions chopped in it.


Sunday : Really struggled today with feeling hungry. sometimes I find this when we have an nearly Sunday lunch, but with Dylan being here I love to make sure he has his Sunday lunch before we head back to his Mums, due to it being lighter in the evenings. We took our dogs, and once Dylan was safely back at his mums, me and Sean took our dogs for a lovely walk around a country park. We both said we were hungry and what could we do quickly once back home (19:20).  Its a fair drive and we passed Chinese Restaurants, Indian Restaurants, McDonald's a Restaurant on the busy A614, called the Big Fish...I had my card in my pocket as I had filled up with petrol, that really tested my resolve.  Phew, a mint out of the glove compartment helped! Decided on toast with spaghetti.  Still feeling hungry I know a hot chocolate always hits the spot with mikados, trouble is Molly (our version of Doug) has taking a liking to them!  Try as I might to sneak them, she is on us like a shot!

Breakfast 40g Dorset muesli, raspberries and 0% cherry yoghurt.
Lunch : Sunday roast beef, mashed potato and swede, carrots, cabbage, gravy (no fat)
Tea: 2 slices toast with half a tin of Heinz spaghetti

And so today, Monday.....

Bit of a test today, hoping I will stay strong.  A close family friend has her birthday tomorrow and due to Sean having a hospital appt tomorrow, we decided to meet up this lunchtime, at a garden centre - small one, but they do lovely food. (gulps)  My mum is Gemini, and she can swing from "Why are you bothering trying to lose weight, you look lovely anyway" to "Carol, you are doing so well, I can really see it coming off now"  Bless her she is 77 next month and I see her, phone her every day (Sean just does not get this at all, he cannot understand how I can be at her house for 2-3 hours or shop with her, then phone her later as well!) All three of us, it is fair to say, has battled weight problems for the past 40 years. Every slimming club mentionable.  I know for sure mum and friend will not give a damn what they order cos they never do. They will go for the works.  I know I will be good as we met up 3-4 weeks ago in a garden centre for a cuppa and mooch around.  They had the pot of tea for two, fruit scones and extra butter (2 little portion to each half of scone) 4 in total each, plus jam.  Me, I had a fruit tea.  I feel its always going to be this way until I reach target.  I know some will go for the flexi syns, but I am not ready to try it yet.  It won't be long as we are due to go away in our caravan for a week in Devon.

Breakfast.
I had a mix of banana, thick slice of melon, one plum and few raspberries in a container, so I had half of it with a few tbsp of 0% greek Yoghurt.  (Rest will be for dessert later)


Lovely walk with Paddy and Molly and straight back as I had to change before I went out to pick my mum up for our lunch date. 
Funny how the dogs notice when I am going out..They have it in their heads they can come with me all the time.  So I have to squeeze myself out the side gate with Paddy pulling on my trouser hem. Madness.

Lunch  What a lovely guy who took our order.  I asked if their tuna was in oil. He said no only the brine type. "Great" I said. He said "Would you like Mayo or Light mayo?"  I decided against any dressing to be safe.So it came plain..I did miss the mayo and rather wished I had said yes.  Quite pleased I resisted puddings.(Crumble and custard,  ouch!!)


Dinner. When I got back after my afternoon out, Sean had prepared the SW meatball in pasta dish in this months magazine.  I showed him  You Tube where someone was demonstrating it.  I asked if it was difficult, he said "Never again, I cannot believe how many pots there were during the prepping!" Must admit it did seem a bit of a faff.  It was lovely, although personally I prefer the meatballs made with Parmesan cheese, in tomato sauce from the Diet Momma FB page.  A nice touch would be to add pasta to this mix next time and do a pasta bake this way.
Can't believe I didn't take a pic...all I could do was take a pic of what was left. I did prepare a side salad though. I had 2 tbsp mayo with this.













Dessert will be Alpen light, fruit and yoghurt.

HexA - Parmesan cheese  and cheese in the Meatball pasta bake.
HexB - 1 Alpen light

Syns
2 tbps ex light mayo = 2
Galaxy hot choc 40 cals. = 2
6 mikados = 3

Total = 7 syns


Going to watch some catch up TV, I nodded off last night for 90 mins, I havent done that for a long time. I used to lots when I was having 2-3 glasses of wine each night!

Not long now for WI, it will be great watching other results coming through..
Love Carol xx

No comments:

Post a Comment