Wednesday 17 April 2013

Its a gain and I am gutted

Yes, I had a gain this morning 1lb.  Absolutely cannot figure it out as I have been honest and to the best of my knowledge on the right track.  As soon as I stepped on the scales I had a feeling that it would be a gain.  And I don't know why.  The upset feeling lasted a good hour or more.  I was honestly tearful as I so want to lose this weight.  I was inching towards the 13 and a half stone mark and now I feel as if I am hurtling up to the 14 stone mark I thought I had left behind. I t feels as if all the hard work is for nothing.  But, then I recall a blog belonging to Karen M, about the fact that some people are 'regular' and some (me) are not. I can go 3-4 days without losing any wastage if you follow my drift.  Sean lost 2 lbs so I was so happy for him. He just stood and said, "Caz, there is no way this is right, I have had 3 glasses of red wine each night, not been following it like you do, it cannot be right, something's wrong!"  I said "I told you what is wrong its like Karen was saying a week or so ago, I just don't go as regularly as you do" Sean is as regular as clockwork.  At that, he went to the loo. Came back down and said "Right, I am getting back on the scales." I said "Don't do that, it may go up you have had a cup of tea, just leave it, it doesn't matter"  He said "I am not as bothered about all this as you are"  So he had weighed in at 15-8, a trip to the loo later he was 15-7.
A pound had gone just like that.  I worked hard all bloody week and it went up.  He was really sweet and came over to me at the desk and gave me a lovely kiss.  I was really tearful after that. I posted on DM and the comments I received were so lovely. The support around is amazing. If anyone knows of a way to get myself regular, the natural way, please let me know.

Anyway that's how it is, I also think I am too repetitive, too much fruit (?), not bought grapes this week. I am going to change things around a bit, more salads, (which I do not like) and be sure that I drink at least 1.5 to 2 ltrs of water a day.  I hope the fruity water will be ok - the ones that are sugar free.  I also took stock of where I am.  Will do my measurements tomorrow and put them on here, just to remind me how far I have come.  Clothes that had not seen the light of day for 2 years, now fit.
I don't really know what my target is, I always said I would see once I got to about 12 stone.  I rather think 11st.7lb would be ok.

Breakfast. 35g Dorset muesli, fruity, I added some defrosted summer fruit berries and 0% greek yoghurt.  I told you I was going to be different this week.
 
Lunch did not happen, I had a banana, that I ate as soon as I had paid for them in Lidl.  Time just ran away and I had promised my mum to do a Lidl and Morrisons shop. 
 
Dinner.By the time we got home it was 5ish and Sean had put some skinless drummers and thighs in the oven with Cajun powder sprinkled over.  He fried in frylight chopped onion (I bought a mini chopper from Morrisons as I had seen someone use one on You Tube preparing meatballs-another gadget) garlic, celery, mushroom and courgette and frozen peas/ A cup of rice was poured in and then stirred some stock in (chicken stock cube and 1/2 pt ish of water) It is one of our favourite meals. I also had a tbsp of brinjal pickle on the side.
 
 Bit short on pics so I thought I would put Paddy and Molly on, taken last week on our daily dog walk.

I really want to get this blog published and done and dusted as I want to chill out in the lounge. Its been a sparse day food wise, so all in all its not the best way to go forward.  Tomorrow will be more like it, i have all the food in.  I am doing one of all time favourites tomorrow, not done it this year. Chicken Cacciatiore.  I haven't done anything wrong, but not had what I should, Hex A for instance,.


HexA - probably have a milky coffee to use it.
HexB - 35g Dorset muesli.

Syns
2 tbps brinjal pickle = 4
8 mikados = 4 will have with my milky coffee.


Total for day = 8 syns.

So a pretty miserable start to the day for me, but I am happy to report that I feel so much better, the lovely comments on DM were such a pick-me up. My son Lee, summed it up beautifully.  I was telling him how I had been upset this morning because I had gained 1lb.  He said "What!!! just because you have gained a pound, are you joking?  Mum, that's nothing"  Easy said when you are tall and slim and have never had a weight problem!

Can't wait to see how my blogging mateys have done...hope its good losses for them.

Love Carol
xx




No comments:

Post a Comment