Saturday 27 April 2013

DON'T WRITE, PHOTOGRAPH

As I seem to be haphazard with food diary, I asked Karen (M)  how she recorded her food diary. "Photograph everything."  My own food diary (handwritten), recorded EVERY breakfast I have had from day one. Not difficult as it rarely changes. I am not a lazy person, but writing it down just gets missed and so lately do the photographs. I have photographed everything today. I am hopeful this new method will help.  Many times I have half eaten the plateful before I realise I haven't photographed, steal at glance at Sean's to see if his still looks photograph able!  It's become quite a laugh at breakfast photo shoot, with Molly.  I wish I could video her.  Her head starts at bowl level, goes to rest on knee, goes to head between my leg and chair arm.   Sean says I shouldn't laugh as it "encourages" her.  It's the melon that encourages her, not me, thanks for the advice Sean!
Been running around more than usual.  Lee my son, has a really bad torn lower back muscle.  I have never seen a tear as debilitating as this.  He just cannot move.  Movement is so limited at the moment.
As a mum, you think your days of seeing to your children's needs are long gone.   Kind of nice knowing I am needed once again.
My blog should have been posted last night, but I had a backlog of phone calls that I had to make. No such thing as a quick phone conversation.  Sean is ever amazed at how long I can spend talking on the phone. 

Breakfast. Melon, grapes, defrosted berries,banana, 0% activia pineapple yoghurt.  No Molly, it was quite late - and she was on cat/fox/badger patrol at the side gate.






Lunch - A first. ( inspired by Karen (P), I had seen a pic of a wholemeal roll on her blog) I bought a pack of Warburtons wholemeal rolls.  I was surprised that the first one weighed 69g, second one 65g.
Lean ham, salad roll with a tsp of light salad cream.  Beetroot on the side.  Why did this feel naughty?  Because, it tasted so nice.  I don't know why I haven't done this before.  I have in my head the idea that HexB = 2 slices of wholemeal bread (400g) loaf, OR, 2 Alpen light.  If I am ever going to do this forever and ever, I have to wise up.  Bread rolls for lunch has opened up a whole new range of ideas.  For me this is the best news ever.
At seven o'clock 'ish I was on FB and noticed the amazing Donna (Diet Donna) had posted a pic of her breakfast, 2 slices of toast with jam.  I said, looks lovely but I like to hold onto my HexB for later in the day.  She said, "Oh I already know what my meals are for the rest of the day" Good point.
Lunches for me have always been the most difficult meal to plan.  This is crazy and I know those who go to work have no choice. Perhaps its just that, I can rustle up anything I want.  I think I should plan it as carefully as I do my evening/main meal.
I am learning so much about the plan from FB.  I say it again and again, I have learnt more than any class I ever attended. I do wonder if a lot of you have learnt all this attending from image therapy
 or just gleaned and figured a lot of it out, because I didn't ever hear or see anything like this.  I attended all image therapy incidentally, I never weighed and left.  As more used to leave, than stayed.

Dinner.  Roast chicken dinner.  Always good to have a roast dinner as naturally plenty of superfree.









Dessert Rice pudding, Alpro unsweetened Almond milk method.  Not tried the cream soda method. Has anyone tried this? if so how does it compare?
After all this I didnt even feel like hot choc, mikados etc. 

So after helping Lee to bed,( I haven't done this for 25 years.) Bit of catch up TV and Alan Carr.

HexA - Alpro Almond milk in rice pudding
HexB - wholemeal bread roll

Syns
Salad cream - 1

I was just about to publish this blog when Lee's back took a turn for the worse, totally locked. An ambulance came, he had gas and air to assist him with the pain, so he could get inside the ambulance. I had to follow him to QMC (our hospital)  We came home a while later with v. strong painkillers and some Diazepam.  These are knocking him out now.  Hence being very late with this blog.


Hope you all have a lovely weekend and are having a truly good time on plan.

Love Carol

xx















No comments:

Post a Comment