Tuesday 16 April 2013

Good to be back

I had a lovely welcome back to the fold yesterday from fellow bloggers and readers of our blogs.  The new FB group is just perfect for anyone who likes to read blogs of like minded people.  It saves time scrolling up and down the pages looking for one! The day before my weigh in is always a strange one for me.  All day long I am saying.  "I have been on plan 100%, haven't I Sean?, so it should be a loss"  or, "Hope the carrying excess fluids doesnt attack me in the morning" or "If its a maintain I'll take it, but will be unhappy about it!" or "What will I do if its a gain?"  Wish this would stop.  What will be will be, que sera sera!
I went out and bought the new SW mag today as I had noticed that some recipes were being mentioned that really took my fancy especially "Mac n Cheese", must say it looks lovely, so will be trying that one tomorrow. I  had run out of fruity yoghurts - when both me and Sean are eating them, they do disappear really quickly, so you have to be ever looking for the good deals on them, as they vary so much. Our little Co-op had Muller Greek 0% yogs strawberry flavour £1.14 for four. I know (simply by reading blogs) they are 1/2 syn, but thats not a lot..I only one pack.
Last Saturday someone said on DM that Tesco had steak at half price.  So instead of my usual farm shop for meat I went there and yes they were half price Sirloin Steaks.  If I am honest I did not enjoy it - I seem to be eating less meat than I used to, even Sean is going off meat.
 Only Kindled for 20 mins this morning,as I am trying to break the habit.  I will be reading my new mag tonight. Last time I did this, it made me feel really hungry.So I will try and stick to the slimmers success stories.  I think we have some potential success stories happening as I type this. 

So to the start of my day.
Breakfast.  Grapes and melon and my 0% Activia yoghurt. Sean said I should have muesli in the morning. I think I will try it now and again. I like to save my HexB until later.
I think Molly was caught out this morning as I sat checking my food diary at my table/desk.

Lunch. Not sure what to say about this one.  I was experimenting with slicing courgette to get ribbons. I was in danger of slicing a finger off. Gave up halfway through and had chunks as well as ribbons.(Although I have a food processor somewhere, I can never be bothered to use it.) I fried onion, celery, mushroom, courgette in frylight. I added a knorr chicken stock cube and 1/2 pt boiling water, then added a handful of frozen sweet potato,/butternut squash mix (Morrisons), also a small handful of Orzo pasta.  Once it was cooked and the liquid had reduced, I stirred in a heaped tbsp of  Kerry Low Low.  Very filling, but I was too heavy handed with the dried parsley.
I really was at a loose end in the afternoon, plenty to do outdoors in the garden, but the wind just drives me potty. So we drove over to see my mum, who lives 5 miles away.  Her three dogs (Westies) and our two, just had a ball in her garden. My brother made me a coffee - I said "I can't drink that, its a latte, sorry!" He said, "It's ordinary coffee whisked with a hand held whisk."  It was fabulous.  I just daren't buy another gadget as my kitchen is full of them  Overspill gadgets in the shed! Then my mum came out with a plate of cakes. Oh my god!  Sean had two,  I declined.  That really was tough.
 
Dinner  I fancied lasagna, but my ever so fussy 31 yr old son, would not eat a SW friendly one. So I figured I would do a compromise.  Fried off ex lean mince beef, then added chopped onion, green pepper, mushrooms (in frylight). Added a jar of Morrisons Tomato and vegetable pasta sauce, then cooked it for a good 40 mins until it was thick. I do not like sloppy lasagna. I made a very small amount of white sauce - 1tbps flour, 1tbsp half fat butter, 1/2pt semi skimmed milk, grated nutmeg, whisked it while it thickened in a saucepan.  Don't know why i bothered, as I made sure I didn't have any of the sauce or cheese that was grated on top.  A mixed salad with balsamic and a drizzle of sweet chili dipping sauce.  Jacket potato with small amount of Kerry Low Low.  I enjoyed it but honestly, I prefer the full fat version with garlic bread, butter on potatoes etc....but then I know those days are gone now.  No going back to that! 


 

 
Dessert.   I thought the defrosted Sainsbury's Summer fruit looked so nice I photographed it in the bowl, before i have my portion with melon and my half syn strawberry Muller Greek yoghurt.
 
Football is going to dominate the household tonight, Sean and Lee's beloved team are playing (Arsenal) and they tell me its an important one for them to win. SO I can have total control of TV in the lounge.  I am hoping my syn count and Hex's is as accurate as possible. It is much easier when I don't have foods that are convenience (pasta sauce jar) gutted really as I could have had passata for free!
 
HexA - cheese Low Low in lunch pasta and jacket potato.
HexB - 1 Alpen light with my fruit and yoghurt

Syns

Lasagna sauce = 4
Sweet chili dipping 1 tbps = 1.5
Milk in coffee = 2.5

Total for day = 7 syns.

I hope I am not too far out with syn count.  I have learned a lesson though..to hell with convenience jars I am sticking to the simpler way.  Big shop tomorrow, its amazing how much fresh fruit and fresh vegetables we are getting through. Also eggs!  I wish our local Morrisons would stock Diamond Breeze almond milk. They only sell the Alpro and i can't have as much  as Diamond B..grrrr

If anyone has sat and watched Gillette Soccer Saturday , waiting for the results to filter through. This is how I feel about fellow dieters, anxious as the results come through, just willing everyone to do well. Off to the lounge now to make the most of a night where I can flick through channels until my heart is content.  Luxury..no nagging.  you know Sean will say "Its up to you tonight Caz, put what you want on, I mean anything you want." Oh great ! "Thanks Sean"...then as soon as I put Gardeners world or Diet related or Eden, he'll say "Are you joking!"  .......Men !

Night all!

Love Carol
xx


 

No comments:

Post a Comment