Monday 1 April 2013

That Monday feeling

That Monday feeling, is an odd one for me, I feel as if I am on the home straight.  But still a few days to go to WI. (Wednesday  mornings).Wouldn't it be easier to weigh ourselves every morning?  I know that wouldn't work, as our weight/fluids fluctuate daily, so an accurate reading would be unlikely. We are all probably guilty of wishing it would shift faster than it is doing.  I just wish I hadn't thrown caution to the wind and gained so much weight over the past 10 years. Weight gain is insidious. I love the word insidious. In this context though, weight creeps up on us ever so gradually, you actually do not notice it is having an effect.  OK, so we note the trousers are a bit tighter across the stomach, waist and legs.  The t shirts are riding up a bit more than they did.  The boobs are starting to bulge over the top of the bra and we are on the last hook.So we go buy a slightly bigger whatever. I have always said that I didn't go from size 12/14 to size 22/24 in a year. It's spread out over 10 years. In between the half hearted attempts to lose weight, countless slimming clubs. WW, SW Rosemary Conley.  I find SW the best, even though I am not at a club.  In fact I would go so far as to say, for me doing it at home and reading blogs, FB pages, has given me a better understanding, than ever before.  I am on a huge learning curve and really enjoying the progress and cyber buddies I am making along the way.  They know who they are, my food diaries and healthy extras and syns are almost carbon copy.  And I know 100% for sure, they do not mind one bit and are genuinely happy that someone (me) has found a great way to succeed. 
Breakfast. Melon, grapes and raspberries (defrosted) and a 0% Activia yoghurt. I also measured out a portion of muesli (1/4 cup-18g) which is half of my HexB.  I now have a half left and I know that can be cheese, Alpen light bar, more muesli.





Lunch  When I checked the fridge, the staples were running out. So I decided to go for a SW quiche as its been ages since I did one.  Fried 2 chopped up lean rashers of bacon, mushrooms, spring onions, peas, sweetcorn, stirred a cooked in water, Pasta n Sauce cheese n broccoli through. In a bowl I beat 3 eggs with quark, then poured into the pan and mixed everything together.  Sprinkled Parmesan on top.  This filled a six muffin tray and an 8" shallow dish.  Baked in oven for 40 Min's.
Served with salad and 1tbsp salad cream.  (I had two out of the muffin tray)











This afternoon I took my mum to a garden centre for a mooch around. We met up with a family friend and inevitably wanted a cup of tea.  They were having the scones with butter and jam.  I just stayed strong and had a speciality tea. (Lemon and Ginger). That was so tough and I do not know how I did it.  I know that soon, once I am in total control I will be able to just have one and know it will not wreck my weeks efforts. But until that time, I do without. (bum)

Dinner    Skinless cod, new pots, peas and green beans.  Cod was wrapped  in foil with a splash of soy sauce and baked for 35 mins in 180deg oven.  I made a small amount of parsley sauce, with a small amount of plain flour, 1 tbsp margarine, 1/2 pt milk, dried parsley.  I am going to say total syns 10, I did not have a third but will say 4 syns to be sure.

Dessert   Fresh fruit salad, yoghurt and Alpen light (HexB)




HexA - Milk for coffee and parsley sauce
HexB - 18g Muesli, 1 Alpen light

Syns

Parsley sauce = 4
Drinking choc = 2
6 mikados = 3

Total for day 9 syns.


I am finishing the blog off early as I have had all my meals for the day. Tonight i am having a Galaxy 40 cals bubbles hot chocolate with 6 mikados. So I know I will have had syns and healthy extras for the day.

Hope you all managed to succeed Easter, another hurdle to cross of the list...

Love Carol x






No comments:

Post a Comment