Wednesday 20 March 2013

Day before Weigh In - Must take care..

Think you will be hearing a lot about our two Airedales, Paddy and Molly. This is a pic of the pair of them Tuesday morning on our daily constitutional by the River Trent.
 

Handler - me!
 
Routine Tuesday morning, trying to get out earlier with dogs as my morning seems to get less and less if we leave it too late. Managed another bowl of fruit salad and Cherry 0% Activia yoghurt for breakfast. I made quite a lot of it as I find it easier, if it is already prepared in the fridge, to dish out a breakfast portion. Not sure if I could be bothered to peel melon, wash grapes, peel kiwi fruit etc in the mornings. Photo is same as yesterdays breakfast. Paddy and Molly met up with some playmates and romped around the streams, must admit Paddy is behaving himself these days. Still bolshy and pushy, bit like a stroppy teenager! 
 
 
 


Lunch seemed to be here so quickly as I was quite busy.  I asked my hubby, Sean, to rustle up a quick salad, nothing fancy, just a plain salad.  Lean ham, lettuce, chopped celery, beetroot, tomatoes.  I finished it off with a 12g handful of parmesan cheese and 2 tbsp extra light mayo.  Don't know what it is but when someone else makes me a salad I enjoy it.  I never like my own as I go over the top, boiled eggs, baked beans, laughing cow light triangles. Yet Sean's was as good.
Started to actually write things down which makes blogging easier.  Also much easier to keep tabs on syns, and healthy extras.


Dinner tonight Crusted cod, new potatoes, mixed frozen greens. A lady on DM facebook page kindly gave me the recipe.  I usually fry in frylight, but find my house smells of fish for 2-3 days, so I really needed an alternative way of cooking.  So simple:  toast 2 slices of wholemeal bread (from 400g loaf), when cool blitz in processor to make breadcumbs.  I added some parsley and lemon to the mix.  Dipped the cod in beaten egg, smothered the top of cod with the breadcrumb mix, put on tray sprayed with frylight, baked in oven 180deg 40 mins, depends on thickness of the cod.  Morrisons had on offer a bag of frozen greens (peas, broccoli, beans).  Enough for 2-3 people and quick to steam.
I did use some syns for mayo (1syn) and tomato ketchup (1 syn) as it was a little dry. 


Good old favourite - crumbled Alpen light - cherry bakewell, fruit salad (from the already made up supply in my fridge.  Frozen raspberries, sweetener and quark topping.  I had to syn the Alpen (3)



On checking syn count I realised I had only used 7, so I had 6 mikados just for the hell of it.
Weigh in tomorrow.  Ever had the feeling that all week you have been bang on plan, knowing that there is nothing more you could have done. Then suddenly the realisatiion of - What if - what if it doesn't show on the scales...Cross that on in the morning!

HexA = parmesan cheese 30g
HexB = 2 slices wholemeal bread (400g loaf)

SYNS
3 tbps Extra light mayo= 3
2 tbps ketchup = 2
Alpen lite = 3
6 Mikado's = 3

total Syns = 11

Have a good week everyone and remember what someone said recently.  The moment you step of those scales is the start to a new week and new weight loss.  No treat nights!!

Carol xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment