Wednesday 20 March 2013

Phew, 3lbs off - the relief !

Yes the relief.  Simply because I started to take my journey a lot more seriously, by recording food intake.
I really got off to slow start on Jan 7th this year.By mid February I was diagnosed with high blood pressure and subsequently under active thyroid.  Googling as you do, I discovered under active thyroid meant my metabolism was not working properly, so I figured calories were not being burned off.  Couldn't really blame all the slow start on this diagnosis, but it certainly wasn't helping.
I even changed my weighing scales a few weeks ago as the display was dim.  The downside to this was the scales were reading 3.5lbs more than the dim display scales.  Once I realised that my start weight therefore would have been 3.5lbs heavier, I calmed down.  Now when I weigh myself I can see the display and it also weighs in 1/4 and 1/2lb increments. £17 well spent.  As I am not paying  £5 club fees i can afford little treats.

Wednesday dawned, the WI was a good result for me.  3lbs off.  Started this journey saying I needed to lose 42lbs, I was being cautious.    I will know when I'll be ready to stop, but thats a long way off.
Normal body Magic too, 35 min dog walk. Hoping to push a little further each week.  i,e. 45 mins next week...etc..Dogs won't mind one little bit!

So breakfast was the usual fruit salad with a Mullerlight Mandarin yoghurt on top.  Knowing me I will soon be bored with this and look for something else to have. 
After having a carton of Alpro Almond unsweetened Milk in the fridge I decided to do something with it, before I end up throwing it away as the sell by date has gone !

I weighed 100g pudding rice and added the whole carton milk, plus some sweetener ( I will adjust later if it needs more) sprinkled nutmeg on top.  Into the oven 170deg 1-2 hours. Its smelling lovely as I type this.  Tasted ok. I added 2tbps half fat evap milk and frozen raspberries (defrosted!)


Lunch - this is how I eat it nowadays: 2 eggs in frylight, 1 x LM red onion sausage, 2 slices of potato from last nights dinner, one rasher of bacon, then canned toms, 6oz mushrooms, 2 frozen dollops of spinach (thank you KM!) One tbsp brown sauce (1 syn). The photo underneath is how I used to do it.
Sublte changes that are helping me lost weight.

 


As I am now only having one cup of coffee a day, I am experimenting with fruity teas.  My favourite has to be lemon and ginger, I love the kick the ginger gives off.  I tried the Green Tea ones but not enough fruitiness for me, so i bought these today...The cashier in my local Sainsburys commented on the lovely smell!  Really nice taste too.
 
Dinner was a simple Roast chicken affair, actifried potatoes and parsnips, steamed cauli, cabbage, carrots and peas.  I added gravy after the photo (5 syns).  Dessert was the rice pudding.
 
 
So day after weigh day gone. I am always relieved because,  previously I would eat what I want the day after WI, no wonder I had so many failed attempts to lose weight.  The next weight loss starts the minute you step off those scales!  Great that I picked up that little saying of a fellow blogger!
 
 
HexA = 500ml Alpro unsweetened Almond Milk
HexB = See comment below!

SYNS
Brown sauce = 1
2 Tbls Half fat Evaporated Milk = 1.5
Gravy = 5

total Syns = 7.5

I have only realised this morning, finalising yesterdays blog, that I did not have a HexB.  I feel really bad about this as I am spouting about how much I have learned, writing it all down, but there you go missing vital points.  Truth is I was going to have Alpen Light for pudding but the rice was so filling.  By then (8pm) I really was full and in bed at 9.45pm.  I wish now I'd had a slice of wholemeal bread at lunch time and an Alpen light with my cup of strawberry tea. Darn it!  I scoured the book looking at the list of HexB and couldn't find anything that was on the list.  Always learning eh???
Hope you all have a good day.

Carol xx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I'd add a smidge of vanilla extract to the rice pudding next time, gives it that extra "proper" taste! Well done on a fabulous loss x

    ReplyDelete