Thursday 21 March 2013

Thursday, Just because WI was yesterday.....

Just because I had a 3lbs loss yesterday does not mean I can afford to relax and not take notice.  I really have to be sure to have HexA and HexB each day.  Don't know why but it all seems a bit flat the day after weigh in.  I guess because next Wednesday seems a long way off.  Had a nice morning catching up with emails and FB.  Brother's birthday today.  I have bought him a chocolate caterpillar cake, adorned with smarties!  That will test me this afternoon. Oh he is 43 today!  Sean said "You are not serious?"  You bet!  Had to do a quickie shop in Asda, I'd run ot of LM red onion sausages, fruit for my fridge salad bowl, sweetener, also bought more Quark, 0% greek yoghurt.  Crazy I spend so much  more on food these days. Only went for the sausages,  £42 later!  Asda had their own extra low fat mayo on for £1. On looking at the label and comparing it to Hellmans Extra light, it was way more in calories. So I put it back on the shelf.
Paddy was raring to go for our daily Body Magic this morning, as you can tell from this photo





So onto food intake for Thursday.  Breakfast bowl of fruit, same as usual.
My days do seem to follow the same old pattern.  Guess lots of people are the same

Had work to do so was pretty pre-occupied for most of the remaining morning.  So Sean said he would do lunch for me.  2 poached eggs on 2 slices wholemeal bread (400g loaf). Yay, got my HexB in!!  I really was distracted and all too quickly lunch was served.  I didn't have the heart to say "Where's the superfree?" I had a tablespoon of extra light mayo on top of each egg.  It was nice but I wish I'd had mushrooms and tomatoes with it. Does not look very appetising, but it was quite filling.
 
After lunch I prepped the evening meal.  It is a favourite of ours, but I decided to tweak and turn it into a SW friendly meal. Cajun chicken with savoury rice.  I skinned the chicken thighs, covered with approx 2-3 tbps cajun powder,  then laid them in a roasting dish, sprayed with frylight.  The other smaller roasting dish has the skin in - for the dogs. Cannot believe how much skin there was!! Once again I am wishing I had used Quorn chicken pieces. 180deg 45 mins.

I fried a couple of handfuls of frozen diced onion, in frylight,  with 2 sticks of celery diced, 1/2 red pepper diced, mushrooms diced, 3 spring onions, and after it had all cooked for about 5 minutes, added a handful of peas. (plenty of Super free).. Meanwhile I boiled a cup of  washed basmati rice in plenty of boiling water, with a tsp of turmeric (mainly for colour) until al dente. Drained it well and then mixed it with the veggies in one pan.  It was served with 0% greek yoghurt which had 1tsp mint sauce, finely chopped tomatoes and onion finely chopped.  Also small salad as superfree. Et voila!

So leftover rice pudding for dessert and raspberries.

I did make it to see my brother and took the Caterpillar chocolate cake smothered in smarties.  I made everyone a cuppa and a slice.  I did not have any.  I could have killed for a slice, but I resisted and was really chuffed to bits.  On the whole I am happy with the day.  I don't mention my liquid intake, but its always coffee in the morning, followed by cups of tea, lemon and ginger or strawberry fruit teas.  I also have 2-3 bottles water (500ml)  No alcohol. I did have a couple of mikado's during the afternoon but I am pleased I could stop at just 2 !! 

Not sure if I have mentioned my total weight loss, 1st 4.5 lbs.  I read some amazing blogs where some ladies have lost  a staggering amount of weight, but you know I had to start somewhere, progress is being made.  Bring it on!

Hope you all had a good day...
Love Carol xx


8 comments:

  1. your making really good changes hun well done xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, doubt it would have kick started so well without you and KM...I have so much to be thankful to you two for. Really taught me more than any other slimming club I ever been to. xx

      Delete
  2. It's brilliant to see how you're embracing the plan completely :) I'll have to try that yogurty salad, sounds delish x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just said to KP, you and her are the main reason I have now finally got the message and understand how this works. You both totally follow it and its easy to see why you are both now so on your way to your goals.! The yoghurty one was even better next time, with lettuce and cucmber...like a big salad that half filled the plate. xx

      Delete
  3. Love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol, I found my shopping bill went up when doing sw so I started to shop about, now I go to Aldi and B&M and only go to Tesco for things like frylight and quark etc. much cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have yet to go to B&M, what do you buy there? We have Lidl which is much the same as Aldi. I daren't add up my weekly spend. xx

    ReplyDelete