Sunday 31 March 2013

Saturday - Keeping that focus 100%!!

As I reflect over the last few days I think I am not fully making the most of Healthy Extras A and B.
I think I have always hung onto them in case I needed them later. Same goes for syns.  So this afternoon I am going to have a Galaxy 40 calories bubbles hot chocolate (2 syns) and 8 mikados (4 syns)  I am really looking forward to that,  so while we are watching soccer Saturday I will sneak off at half time to have it.

Breakfast Fruit salad with yoghurt..followed by dog walking down by the river, think its getting slightly warmer, so pushed a bit further, possibly added 10 minutes extra to my daily body magic. Which adds up over a week.  God knows what I would do if I didn't have dogs.  But I am a big dog lover and could never imagine not having them in my life.




Lunch.  Fried sliced onion,quorn chicken pieces,  half a large courgette, mushrooms, celery stick, half a red pepper, in fry light until softened, added half a tub of Kerry Low Low (yay - HexA done), stirred some cooked Orzo through. It was very tasty, cheesy and my ever so picky skinny son, liked it too.  PLEASE do not be put off my the photo (I added a boiled egg for a change). I would mark it a 9/10 for taste and fulfilment.


I had a bowl of fruit and yoghurt again with a crumbled Alpen light bar over the top.  Watched by you know who!
I even lifted the bowl a little higher, but she still stares at me and the bowl.  Thank God the big lad Paddy is not interested.





3-5pm Soccer Saturday, half time I made Galaxy bubbles hot chocolate, in my opinion its the nicest chocolaty one for me.  The drink + 8 Mikado was 6 syns what a treat. Six syns compared to not so long ago. I would think nothing of 2 glasses of red wine at 6 syns each!  But not any more!  This girl has learnt a hell of a lot these past few weeks.  And it is starting to show.



Dinner.
Stir fry chicken with fine egg noodles.  Sean my very good cook of a husband always preps his food, unlike me who suffers from impatience.  I usually turn on the gas, fry pan on top, frylight squirted in, then rush to slice onions, rummage for the celery, courgette, mushrooms etc, panic sets in...I really should take a leaf out of his book...see photo. I did add mushrooms and courgette to the ingredients.  All he used was Frylight and Soy Sauce! By the way this served four adults.



The finished article, complete with my special rice - wonder if I could have added an egg stirred through to make it egg rice??
anyone know if this is how its done?
I used a tbsp of sweet chili dipping sauce over the top.






Dessert fruit and yoghurt. May have overdone yoghurt today (3 in total)

Had a nice reply to a comment I made in yesterdays blog, regarding my concern at not having HexB. Karen M suggested muesli with my fruit at breakfast, or 2 slices of wholemeal bread (400g loaf)  Seeing as I have this fear of  "If I use my Healthy extras A and B too early, I will have nothing to fall back on if I get hungry."  So with this thought, as I usually have a bowl of fruit between lunch and dinner,( guess if I went to work it would be called a "Break"), I am going to have my muesli on the fruit then.  Result.
Don't know if you have read some fabulous bloggers "25 Random things about me", if you  haven't you  must read them, they are really great. I've read 4 or 5. I simply would not know where to start personally.  I'll have to sit down and think it through.  One thing struck me though, quite a few mention that their best friends are the ones they have made in the past year!  Think I understand that.

HexA = 1/2 tub Kerry LowLow mature cheese spread.
HexB =  2 Alpen light cherry bakewell.

SYNS

11g Galaxy 40 cals hot chocolate = 2 syns
8 Mikados = 4 syns
1 tbsp sweet chili dipping sauce = 1.5 syns
Milk for coffee = 2.5

Total syns = 10

Have a super Easter Sunday.
Love Carol xx



2 comments:

  1. Your food looks really nommy hun xx I agree with mitchy on the muesli I have dorset fruit cereal most days and I love it. I do tend have two a's and b's on green though

    You could have two cereal bars maybe have one mid morning or crush it up with your fruit. I sometimes find I have a B left so I crush up alpen lights put them in yogurt and add a flump its so naughty but nice....infact that may be my pudding tonight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wouldn't take much tweeking for me to go over to the green side of SW. I am so enjoying the quorn mince/chicken pieces, I can't find quorn roast anywhere. What else is syn free in LM product and Quorn?
      I guess also I could halve the muesli and have an Alpen light. Ooohh this is what I love about the Two K's! Thank you...xx

      Delete