Tuesday 26 March 2013

Monday - countdown to WI

Yes, countdown officially starts when I know WI is only a couple of days away.  There is always the excitement but as any experienced slimmer know, that can soon turn into a slimmers nightmare, if a gain or stay the same shows on the scales.  So much effort, thought etc goes into the week.  A SW consultant once said, "If you are given a dozen red roses and one is dead, you would not throw the whole bunch away!"  As I have been on plan I hope to be Ok. But you just never know and can never take a loss for granted.

Must admit the regular dog walk with Paddy and Molly has been cut short due to the freezing weather.  It is just too cold. I'll make up for it next week, if it warms up. I try not to chatter about blogs, eating plans, with Sean on this walk, but it is always on my mind.  Wonder if it will pass, I should ask the other lovely ladies who blog regularly, if it does pass.  Then again, I dont see how it can if you are focused on everything you eat or plan to eat.

Breakfast was my usual fruit and natural 0% this time, Greek Yoghurt. The tupperware is now empty so I have been busy washing grapes, peeling a galia melon and 3 kiwi fruits. This should keep me going for quite a few days, it does seem to keep well in the fridge. So far, I am not bored with this for breakfast as it keeps my HexB free for lunch.

Lunch. Sean rustled up 2 slices toast, with 2 poached eggs, baked beans, I had a can of whole mushrooms to pad it out. Some ex light Mayo and brown sauce.  Really filling and I do have a big appetite. Still got plenty of syns to have, because I write it down, I glance across to my pad and see instantly I have used 3 syns so far. 


Dinner today is chilli with Quorn mince.  I added chopped celery, onion, mushrooms, garlic, tsp cumin powder, frozen coriander, tin of baked beans and chopped tomotoes.  Quorn  went in  10 minutes from the end of cooking.  If you cook Quorn for too long its like rubber bullets.  Jacket potato and time to use some HexA, 2 Laughing Cow light Blue cheese and 15g paremesan scattered over the whole plate. A small salad and natural yoghurt with 1tsp mint sauce.
My salad had a topping of Shwartz Perfect Shake. For salads, it has black olives, red pepper and mint, which you just shake over the salad.  Mine was almost empty so not many chunkier peices left in the pot.

As we ate, we were watching TV, a  programme came on and it was fascinating about how technicians are making false eyes look more realistic.  They are trying to make the iris, sensitive to light so it will dilate etc. But, they were modelling it on a young lady who had lost an eye, I should turn away as my appetite usually goes.  Thankfully my dinner was almost finished. But, I could not eat a single thing after that.  Even mikado's, choccie drink wasn't doing it, so my syns were really low and I prefer to have them in all honesty. I have always been sqeamish with certain programmes. 
I have really hurt my wrist today, hence the delay in finishing this blog.  I can only put it down to spending too many hours on my kindle in bed.  Must rest it as I jokingly said to Sean, if this gets any worse you'll have to pull my knickers up for me!  He had to fasten my bra this morning as he was still in bed, he couldnt see as his specs were downstairs. Even seen a man try and fasten a bra? "

HexA = 2 Laughing Light Cow Blue cheese, 15g grated parmesan cheese
HexB = 2 slices wholemeal bread

SYNS
1 tsp mint sauce = 0.5
2T ex light Mayo = 2
1 tbps brown sauce = 1

total Syns = 3.5

Hope you all had a good day.

Love Carol xx







4 comments:

  1. I chat to my other half about my blog and eating plans and all sw stuff I like telling him about it or explaining stuff on the plan so he is kept in the loop plus he thinks its cool that I have an audience hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always wittering on about SW, I don't think it fades, especially when you start building up a huge support network and making lots of friends in the SW universe! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking about it, we have no choice but to stay focused. If that means it occupying all my thoughts, so be it. Glad to hear I am not alone. Sean gets it 24/7 as we work together. Agree lots of cyber friends are made through like minded people. It's quite touching. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dreaded Kindle in bed fiasco!! I fell asleep this morning when reading mine, I had a not so welcome wake-up call when I dropped it on my face... They are not, I repeat not soft! LOL

    Jiggipop @ Onwards & Skinnywards
    http://jiggipop.sparkshadow.net

    ReplyDelete