Sunday 31 March 2013

Easter Sunday - and nothing naughty.

And so it is that Easter Sunday has slipped innocently by.  Another day under my belt.  As the clocks leap forward there is an air of optimism about.  The weather can only get better, the days are longer.  Maybe I will be able to wear something feminine and pretty after all this summer, instead of the dowdy shapeless outfits I usually wear.  There is one thing we are sure of, this healthy eating cannot be rushed.  It takes time and whether it is months or years we will get there. 
Such a sunny start to the day today, although that damn north easterly wind is still making it feel cool.  Managed to increase my dog walk by 50%.  Molly and Paddy certainly enjoyed it.  They are Airedales and this breed do not moult. Their fur grows and at the moment they are in quite a full coat.
Paddy met up with Eric an Italian Spinoni, they ran and ran.  Paddy lay in a stream to cool off, he was absolutely soaking wet.  Time to phone my best friend who is also my dog groomer!
 
Breakfast was late, the clocks going forward seemed to make the morning much shorter. So I had a bowl of melon, no yoghurt! I really want to make sure I do not have more than 2 yoghurts each day, yesterday was three and I think that could be overkill!
 
 Instead of having to weight muesli each morning on the scales, I decided to dig out some measuring cups I bought at the Potteries last year. The smaller one measures 1/4 cup and if filled to the top it is 18g of muesli.(Half of a HexB)
The other cup is 1/2 cup and if filled just below the top measures 90g pudding rice.  To this I add 1 litre Alpro unsweetened Almond Milk.

 
 Lunch was Roast Lamb, roasted potatoes and parsnips (Actifry)cabbage, carrots, peas, cauliflower. In fact I am sure this plate is 1/3rd Free and 2/3rd Superfree.  I allowed 5 syns for the gravy - although I let the juices cool and scraped all the fat off.




 


Four ryvita original and i only had 3 Laughing Cow light blue cheese with 3 tbsp picallili. I just followed this with a bowl of melon, raspberries, few grapes and a 0% cherry Activia yoghurt.


Really happy to have come this far now through Easter, one of those occurrences that is going to happen a lot during this journey.  If I had been away - well it would probably be tougher.  If the weather had been nicer I reckon we would have been away in our caravan.  I am hoping that will be OK as its our home from home, we take the food, we cook it. 
 

HexA = 3 Laughing Cow Light blue cheese (could have had 4)
HexB =  4 Original Ryvita

SYNS

Gravy= 5 syns
Picallili 3 tbps = 1.5 syns

Total syns = 6.5


Although its saying 10.40pm I know it is 9.40pm, so trying to hang on a while before bed.  All day I have been saying - "It's 7 but it should be 6" "It's 12 but its only 11" Roll on tomorrow as this stops.

Have a good day Easter Monday, all of a sudden WI will be here in a flash!

Love Carol xx

No comments:

Post a Comment