Wednesday 27 March 2013

Wednesday WI - 2lbs off

  Yay! I really wanted to lose 2lbs today, as I am now into the next stone down.  I am so happy as its the first time I have ever slimmed without a club, successfully, 1/2lb to go to my one and a half stone.   It just proves to me now, that by making changes, subtle changes at that, then the plan will work for you.  My main changes are cutting out red wine, I figured it was syns I could use more effectively elsewhere, writing it all down, starting to understand after years of being a SW member, how this plan does actually work.  No matter how many meetings I have been to, no matter how much image threrapy I have sat through, no-one explained it better than the two lovely Karens, whose blogs I became addicted to.  The more I read the more I learned.  They just write away telling you how they do it their way and boy do they get result after result.  I wonder if they truly realise how much the pair of them help me!  Pity they cannot bottle it and sell it, they would make a fortune.

Breakfast usual fruit and 0% greek yoghurt, as you know I have a huge amount sitting in the fridge so I can just dish it out without prepping it.  As soon as we had breakfast it was time to take the Airedales for a walk.  They just so know when its that time to go out.  They focus on  my feet, they wait for the walking shoes to come out of the porch in readiness. Then the excitement is just crazy.  My pockets are emptied of anything that is in there, handkerchief, gloves, my woollen headband.  I usually have to traipse up the garden searching for a glove!  I have tried all ways to stop them but I just end up laughing so much at them.  Wish I could video the whole shebang..I then get them to the car, the pair of them pulling like crazy, sometimes I have to grab the car door handle to stop them dragging me down the drive.  Molly gave a tug on her lead and horror!  it snapped in half - Paddy had been chewing through it.  They are worse than kids.  The drive to the riverside is 10 mins drive.  You should hear the howling that goes on, it is embarrassing. I have a video of it, I'm going to post it on you tube..its so worth it.

Anyway I digress.  Lunch was distrupted as I had an unexpected visitor for a couple of hours, so lunch was really behind schedule.  Sean and Lee had sausage sandwiches, yes the real thing...the type that ooze fat when cooking. I quickly fried an onion, celery, mushrooms, red pepper, then added small handful of peas sweetcorn and quorn chicken. It smelled so lovely i added nothing else.  Apart from a small pan of orzo pasta - it looks like rice.  As you see above it looks lovely.  By now my appetite had just gone, it was 3pm. So it is in a tupperware in the fridge for tomorrows lunch.
Dinner was prepared by Sean.  Ex Lean mince, root veggies, leeks, potatoes and 2 oxo cubes.  Simmered away for an hour or so.  This is so filling.  Whilst it was cooking I quickly measured 90g pudding rice, a carton of Alpro unsweetened almond  milk, simmerred on the cooker top for 25 mins. then added few tbps sweetener and a capful of vanilla extract.  Thats dessert sorted.

Bit upset that I missed a meal, but I can't do anything about it.  Ending the day on a nice positive feeling.

HexA = 500ml Alpro milk
HexB = 1 Alpen light bar -( damn missed another HexB)

SYNS
Gravy mix = 5 syns

total Syns = 5 syns

2 comments:

  1. Your lunch looks delicious! Oh and one Alpen Light bar can still be counted as a HeB, it's just a super speed one :) Me, I'll always take two nommy sweet things over speed though! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I didn't know that one Alpen light could be counted as a HexB. I do appreciate your comment, I learn more from you and your buddy KP than any club I ever went to. I need to use my syns more thru the day as by the time it's late afternoon/evening, I don't really want them. I have it in my head to "save" them in case I get the munchies. Hence giving 5 syns to gravy added in my blog! X

    ReplyDelete