Sunday 24 March 2013

Sunday - always a "safe day" for slimming..

Most unusual for me today, I slept until 10am.  I never ever do this.  Two loo trips during the night, each one wakes me up.  A tickly cough too.  Think Dylan - age 7, my grandson has passed something on.
I almost got up at 07:00 but a little fella crept in our bed and we both fell asleep for another three hours!  Molly the Airedale was wandering in and out of the bedroom as I just could not get out of the warm bed.  Finally managed to get downstairs by 11:30, thats shower hairwash, then Dylan the same.
Sean was up and about hours ago, so the smell of the roast pork was wafting through the house.  Feel "safe" today in slimming terms. Superfree galore!

Breakfast was fruit and yoghurt.  This time I measured my 35g  Dorset tropical fruit muesli into a measuring cup I bought from Stoke potteries two years ago, (I knew it would come in handy one day)
Now I don't have to dig my scales out each time. Arranged above with yoghurt for my photo.  Hell!!!
the Sainsbury's Greek Yoghurt is NOT 0% fat. It's 3% fat.  That probably means I will have to syn it.
I am gutted as its the second portion I have had out of the tub.  Another lesson learnt, do not assume all low fat greek yoghurts are 0%.  I will check them all now. No wonder it was creamier. Not too much damage but still unhappy at 1.5 syns (would rather have 3 mikado's)

I was born in County Durham, close to Durham Town. Although I moved to Nottingham when I was six.  The dish pictured is something that within our family we call "Geordie Salad".  Its shredded lettuce, 5 spring onions finely sliced, 2 tsps mint sauce, lots of sweetener and a few tbsps vinegar. It does sound strange I know, but it is something I have grown up with.  Essentially people from the North of England, had their Yorkshire puddings with gravy as a first course (they still do in some restaurants up there), the 'salad' would be eaten with it.  Nowadays I still have one yorkshire pudding with my dinner.  As soon as dinner is ready to eat, this "salad" goes with it.  Like you would mint sauce with lamb.  I do it with most meats.
I did have gravy but I poured it on after the photo.  The mash is potatoes and suede (no butter) a splash of milk only.  I think Sunday roast dinners is the only meal where I have 1/3rd free and 2/3rds superfree. 
By 4pm it was time to take Dylan home and its an hour and a half round trip.  I could not stop thinking about what I was going to eat when I got home.  One of those - I cannot get full days.  I asked Sean, what did he fancy, he replied "Are you joking? I am still stuffed" - I wish I had been joking.  I remembered photos from two lovely ladies blogs, that almost each day had for a break..banana and yoghurt.  Bingo...that is exactly what I had and it took the edge of being led astray!

Its now 7.15 pm and I am about to sign this daily blog off, so the last meal of my day is the remaining rice pudding from yesterday. I may add a few pieces of my remaining fruit salad, but I know after that I will be very satisfied and chuffed that I have managed to get through the weekend. 
Each day when I think I have now got a grasp on this plan, I find I have not been as careful  as I as thought.  The 3% yoghurt won't happen again.

Leave this with a little pic of my dear little Molly who is the sweetest Airedale, in the woods after dropping Dylan off at his mums.

I have had plenty of fluids, I just don't mention them - fruit teas, and bottled water, favourite at the moment is Lidl - Strawberry and Kiwi spring water.

HexA = 500ml Alpro unsweetened Almond Milk
HexB = 35g Dorset muesli

SYNS
Yorkshire pud = 3
1 tsp mint sauce = 0.5
3% greek yoghurt = 1.5
Gravy = 5

total Syns = 10

Hope you had a nice weekend.

Love Carol xx











No comments:

Post a Comment