Friday 29 March 2013

Thursday - my first milestone.

Did you know you can have 2 x  Alpen light bar as HexB, but if you  have only 1, it counts as super  speed one.  I didn't, but I do now.  Thanks KM. I seem to be making the mistake of not having syns during the day and kind of 'banking' them until later in the day.  So if I get the munchies, I can use them up.  The last few days I have been so busy with work, I noted I am not having many at all.

When I had my unexpected visitor yesterday, he actually gave me half an hour notice. (It was my accountant), I was busy on laptop working like fury when I got the call.  I was still in dog walk gear and I knew I had to scrub up a bit.  In my wardrobe (yep we all have this) are stacks of clothes that are just way too tight (or they shrunk in the wash, lol). I grabbed a pair of grey trousers (afraid to say pull ons ) - they have been in there for 2 years.  They fit, size 18 and I was so chuffed.  A black t-shirt, that did nicely.    I think its fair to say this is my first milestone.  Does this spur me on? - you bet ya it does.  God knows how many black sacks I put in the attic with summer clothes I bought last spring, as I was determined to slim last year, labels still on.  SO if we ever see summer this year, I may have a nice surprise.  Its funny how we wait for the milestone, it could be anything, clothes feel looser, bras don't dig in so much, boobs don't fall over the top, plus they don't seem to get in the way at meal time either!  Did I ever tell you I knew the time had come to start a diet, when I went to bed one night, took my bra off and peanuts fell out! 

Breakfast. Fruit and yoghurt again, its just simple and takes no time at all.  I also love the fact that it probably gets the metabolism working, and no HexA, HexB, or syns.  I've been and bought more grapes and melon for the next one.  I didn't buy kiwi  as I am really not that fussed with it. So I may add frozen rasperries (defrosted!)

Lunch  Poor dogs had a late walk in fact it was lunch time.  I was so determined not to miss lunch again.  Even though it was 3pm I heated up yesterdays throw it all together, with half a tub of Kerry lowlow, it was fabulous.  First attempt with Kerry low low. My hairdresser Lisa, said to me she uses it cos she likes cheese. I said, "I use Quark." She said "but Low low is much cheesier", Lisa, you were correct!

Dinner. Chicken curry with sweet potato, red pepper and onion.  Sean is the curry expert and he said it needed a tbsp of curry paste.  Patak Madras Curry paste = 4 syns per tbps. Between two of us is fine.  Worth 2 syns.  A mint rathia, with tomato , a side salad of lettuce cucumber and red onion. The curry looks a large portion but it had so much superfree in I guessed it would be OK.

Dessert.  To use syns up I broke up four mini meringues (1syn each)  added some defrosted black forest fruit mix (i added sweetener, too tart for my taste) and a yoghurt. 

Was going to post this blog last night, but fell asleep watching Prisoner Wives. It was a busy day today so I know it was due to that - in the days before I copped on to syns, I would have dropped off due to red wine intake!  I do not miss the headaches, I do not miss the disturbed sleep...so glad I gave it up and had sensible syns.  It has made all the difference to my eating habits.

HexA = 1/2 tub Kerry LowLow
HexB = missed it out, only realised just now too!

SYNS
4 x Mini meringue  = 4 syns
1/2 tbsp Patak madras curry paste = 2 syns

total Syns = 6 syns

Night out Friday at my brother and sister in law.  They do not cook unhealthy so I am hopeful I can stay  on plan. May take some savoury rice packed with veggies to be safe.

Love Carol xx

2 comments:

  1. It is the best feeling to fit into old clothes, or in my case sometimes, clothes that I never wore! I've got several little milestones of clothes, several of which I've already achieved, it's nice to have some non-scale victories as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would imagine for you now, each step is showing milestones. It does spur you on, just as those losses each week at the scale - they all add up. x

    ReplyDelete